I was born on March 26, 1968 in Lincoln, Nebraska, where I lived until July 1996. After I left Nebraska, I ventured to Texas. I first moved to Fort Worth, where I lived for the next four years. In 2000, I moved south to The Woodlands, where I currently reside.
WATER SKIING ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Below are a few of the water skiing accomplishments I’m most proud of:
- I am a member of the 2009 US Disabled Water Ski Team member, and will compete with the team in the 2009 World Disabled Water Ski Championships in September in Vichy, France.
- I currently hold the 2009 Totally Blind (V1) World Audio Slalom record and the 2005 Partially Sighted (V2/3) National trick record.
OTHER ATHLETIC ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- I am proud to say that I have 15 marathon finishes, including the Boston Marathon four times and the New York City Marathon twice.
- My marathon personal best of 3:10:42, which I ran at the 1992 Omaha Riverfront marathon.
- In 1993, I placed third in the visually impaired division of the Boston Marathon with a time of 3:30:32.
- I received the bronze medal in the downhill at the 1996 Chevy Truck Disabled Alpine Ski Championships in Breckenridge, Colorado.
- In 1986, I was named as the Outstanding Wrestler of the Year Syracuse-Dunbar-Avoca High School in Syracuse, Nebraska.
In August 1990, I graduated from the University of Nebraska at Omaha with a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration degree, with a double major in Management Information Systems and Accounting. Three years later, in December 1993, I graduated with my Masters of Business Administration from the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
During college, I funded my education by working for five years as a Programmer Analyst for Farmers National Company in Omaha, Nebraska. In January 1994, having recently graudated with my Masters degree, I took a position as an Internal Auditor for Union Pacific Corporation in Omaha, Nebraska. Two years later, in July 1996, I accepted a job transfer to Union Pacific Resources as a Senior IT Auditor in Fort Worth, Texas. Once again, in August 2000, I transferred to The Woodlands, Texas, for my current job as the Manager of Information Technologies Auditing at Anadarko Petroleum Corporation.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) – 1996
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) – 2002